7/24/2009

Zinwell ZAT-970A TV Converter Box


Zinwell ZAT-970A TV Converter Box

Final Rating: B+

The Zinwell ZAT-970A analog digital converter is a good all around TV converter box. It doesn't quite come on out top for its picture but still gives viewers a very good picture. It also comes with the analog pass-through feature.

The picture of the Zinwell ZAT-970A TV converter box is very good. It provides a picture that is a very significant upgrade over analog television. This TV converter boxes picture rates out just below the top TV converter boxes.

The sound of this TV converter box is very good too. It provides television viewers with a very crisp sound that rivals the top TV converter boxes.

First and foremost the Zinwell ZAT-970A TV converter box comes with analog pass-through. This feature is very important and is also one that it not found with many TV converter boxes. The ZAT 970A TV converter box also comes with the ability to search for all channels at once or set channels one by one. Finally this TV converter box comes with an electronic program guide that is better than most other TV converter boxes.

The Zinwell ZAT-970A TV converter box is one of the better TV converter boxes we have reviewed. It provides excellent sound and picture along with a great set of features. It also sells for below $55 which makes it a very affordable buy. We would recommend this TV converter to anybody interested in one.


For more information about the Zinwell ZAT-970A or Zinwell ZAT-950A visit our business partners blog.



1 comment:

lvh said...

A good little converter box.

I LOVE the 8-event programming feature.

Yes, I have to have another converter box attached to my TV to allow me to watch one program while recording another. But, this is STILL way cheaper than paying 'through the nose' for Cable or DISH.

The one problem I have encountered with this converter box is that the programming settings can (and do) change themselves - seemingly at will. Is this a problem with the box? Or is it caused by the ever-shifting digital TV signals? I don't know. All I do know is that I need to REGULARLY monitor the programming to be sure it is where I had originally set it (and re-set it again). And this can be a pain.

I do miss the days of analogue TV and VCR programming consistency. But such is forced progress.

But, as I do know what the problem is - and what the solution is - I can schedule time to check and re-program a couple of times a week.

And, as long as I remember to do this, this converter box allows me to watch TV as I like to watch it: for FREE and on my schedule.

I say, since we had no choice but to go digital, Yippee!!!